16 January 20144-March DEADLINE: Requesting Ice Drilling Support for NSF Antarctic Research Proposals
If your 2014 Antarctic Research proposal requires any kind of ice drilling or ice coring support from the IDDO group at the University of Wisconsin, you must contact IceDrill@dartmouth.edu at least 6 weeks prior to the NSF proposal deadline, in this case by MARCH 4, 2014.
07 January 2014Registration & Lodging: Feb 25-27 South Pole Ice Core and IDPO Ice Coring workshops at UC-Irvine
As a reminder, there are two back-to-back workshops taking place in UC-Irvine on 25-27 February: the South Pole Ice Core Workshop (25-26 Feb), followed by the IDPO Community Workshop on Ice Coring (26-27 Feb).
04 December 2013Call for Scientist Participation!
The Ice Drilling Program Office (IDPO) has three announcements and calls for participation:
1. IDPO Community Workshop on Ice Coring at U.C. Irvine on February 26 & 27, 2014
2. U.S. Ice Core Working Group
3. French-Italian-U.S. Dome C - South Pole Traverse
If you are preparing a proposal that includes any kind of support from the IDPO/IDDO, you must contact IDPO ( IceDrill@Dartmouth.edu ) at least six weeks before you submit your proposal to obtain a Letter of Support and a Scope of Work/Cost Estimate, both of which must be included in your proposal.
Information and resources for the ice drilling science and technology communities.
- Ice Drilling Services for NSF Proposals
- Ice Drilling Services for non-NSF Proposals
- Field Project Support Requirements Form
- End-of-Season Project Support Eval Form
- Long Range Science Plan
- Long Range Drilling Technology Plan
- Equipment Inventory
- Equipment in Development
- Future Plans/Schedule for the DISC Drill
- Outreach Support
- Library of Ice Drilling Literature
- Science Requirements for IDDO Equipment
The U.S. Ice Drilling Program conducts integrated planning for the ice drilling science and technology communities, and provides drilling technology and operational support that enables the community to advance the frontiers of climate and environmental science.